Rising Joins the UN PRI
Since its inception, Rising Realty Partners (Rising) has focused on impact - environmentally, technologically and socially. This year, Rising became a signatory of the United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI), the leading international network of institutional investors committed to including environmental, social and governance factors in their investment decision making.
This pledge supports our investment philosophy of impact strategies to drive value creation. The signatories of the PRI collectively have around $45 trillion in assets under management.
The PRI has two UN partners: the UN Environment Programme Finance Initiative and the UN Global Compact. Both play an important role in delivering the PRI’s strategy, including holding a seat each on PRI’s Board, and providing additional avenues for signatories to learn, collaborate and take action towards responsible investment.
By joining as a signatory to the PRI, we have committed to the following mission and principles:
“We believe that an economically efficient, sustainable global financial system is a necessity for long-term value creation. Such a system will reward long-term, responsible investment and benefit the environment and society as a whole.
Sign up for our educational newsletter and to gain early access to our next investment opportunity.
The PRI will work to achieve this sustainable global financial system by encouraging adoption of the Principles and collaboration on their implementation; by fostering good governance, integrity and accountability; and by addressing obstacles to a sustainable financial system that lie within market practices, structures and regulation.”
- Principle 1: We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- Principle 2: We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- Principle 3: We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- Principle 4: We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- Principle 5: We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- Principle 6: We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.